Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

eth
Community Elder

Contacting Moderators

How do I contact the moderators if I am really concerned about someone?  e.g. sadgirl on the Mother's Day thread.

8 REPLIES 8
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Contacting Moderators

Hi @eth,

I'm moderating this evening 🙂 

We go through and moderate every post that comes through 24hrs a day, so we are usually aware of what's going on and who is struggling day-to-day. But if you ever want to email us about something specific, you can find us at team@saneforums.org.

You've been doing a great job of supporting the members on here, @eth. Quite rightly referring them to organisations like Lifeline. While we endeavour to help where we can, we aren't a crisis service- so we always refer members there as well! 

If you have any questions, let me know.

Hi @eth

Go to the 'Help' button below the top right of the screen.

There is an email address at the bottom of the screen it takes you to (can't post it here, email addresses won't go through).

You could also recommend to sadgirl that she contact Lifeline crisis support line on 13 11 14.

I would go and check on what is happening too but my computer is going at less than a snail's pace this evening and I'm not even sure this message will go through.

Hi @eth

Just to add to this, I think the easiest way is to press the 'Report Inappropriate Content' link, which is to the left of each post. It will take you to a page where you can let us know what's going on (whether that be you're worried about someone or if the content shouldn't be there). 

That will send an email off to us with the link of the post you're talking about.

Thanks

Nik

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Moderators

I would like some feedback from a moderator about the website where I am a moderator/support member

I don't want to write anything that might be picked up by another member who might be in this site. A new topic has come up and I don't like the discussion and it is taking over - I feel pretty useless there now because of this topic.

I've been a support member there for a long time and I often get private messages that are positive - and this is not a Mental Illness/Disorder issue

If I could discuss this briefly with someone who has done moderating - I would feel better I think - and know where I am going this this other website - and I really like it here - I am in for the long haul

Decadian

Hi Moderators

I am really worried about Sadgirl - I just answered a post of hers in her thread Having a Bad Morning and I know she has been battling and now she has says that she needs to run away now

I have no idea if you can follow this up - I am scared of what she might do - and in one thread I thought she was going to hospital - I hope she has -

Also - I know the limitations of moderators

Decadian

Hi @Decadian

I just responded to your post in that thread actually.

I think what sadgirl is referring to is going to work.

We'll keep an eye out though. Sadgirl is very good at reaching out for help.

Also, just to let you know, feel free to press the 'Report inappropriate post' link next to posts that you're concerned about. While I know that post wasn't inappropriate, it means an email will be sent to us straight away and there's a text box that lets you explain why you're reporting it.

And as you know, you can always email us on team@saneforums.org too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance