Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

1stepup61
Senior Contributor

OMG! Where did it go.

Hey All, just spent 2 hours writing a really heartfelt response to  question and right at the end when I was finally ready to press post it went to save and came back with only half of what I wrote! There was a message about a fault. What do I do? Can the post be retrieved by staff? OMG!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: OMG! Where did it go.

Hi @1stepup61

I think that it is a good idea to write a long post in a word document that you can temporarily save and then cut and paste on the forum site. THis way if something goes wrong you have the original and can upload another copy. 

I have learned to do this the hard way. 

Re: OMG! Where did it go?

Here is an interesting thing I have found, @NikNik and others...

You know how the mobile version of the site is different, and you can't edit your posts in quite the same way, or get to your personal profile?

I found that if you tap your mobile phone or tablet's options button on your browser (usually denoted by 3 dots, one on top of the other), it brings up your browser options. From there, you can tap the "Desktop view" check box, and it will send the full desktop version of the Sane forum website to your phone...

You have to do a bit of pinch-zooming and panning from time to time, because it's a bit squishy, but it has helped me when I needed the full version of the site on my phone...

Hugs and happy vibes beaming to all... 🙂

Hey, I am on my iPad & I get what your saying. I have another browser called Puffin & I forget to use it, it's better than safari, thanks for your help! Bye

No worries @1stepup61

Were you able to find your post?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance