Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

I think we do like to see reward for effort @outlander and I have found it important to acknowledge these small steps. I think that as we accomplish these, our capacity for bigger steps increases.

yes definently acknowledging those small steps @Former-Member thats a good point!
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member just checking in
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander  how are things going possum?

hi @Former-Member
its a little tough but todays been ok and easy going. basially had the day off from pop but got quite abit of cleaning done. teeth are causing me some grief with pain and headaches but otherwise seem to be ok. hoping my new heart meds will work more effectively in the coming days.

hows things going with you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hadn't heard how you went after getting the 2nd opinion @outlander 

I am glad i got the second opinion. @Former-Member While they said basically the same thing as my regular gp,she explained it more which was better the arrhythmia at this point is abit normal for my age and not something to worry about right now but if my symptoms worsen etc let them know and we will do a repeat of the tests and will do some checkups to keep an eye on things every now and then as a regular thing. She explained that it may be the high adrenaline levels not cortisol because my heart peaks and stays there but then it drops back down so shes given me a beta-blocker to see if it helps my symptoms as they come on even when im calm. Plus my bp was up really high as well so its like doing 2 things at once with this med. She said she might like to investigate other causes though because she doesnt like to confirm its anxiety if there are other things to rule out.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Have you got a time frame to reviews if meds are helping or not @outlander ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going with other things @outlander 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance