Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Focussing on the positives-

Don't you just love the innocence of children @Determined. The way they view life, how they run and shriek and laugh so much. We lose that as we grow up. I cherished each moment with my children as they were growing up; I still do largely. I wonder if I will ever experience the joy of grandchildren. Daughter says no way to children, son is ambivalent. 

It is a joy @soul Seeing S3 growing and learning I very much regret everything I missed with S1 & S2 by being overly invested in work 😞   S2 also resents that period in time based on this afternoons sometimes irrational discussion. How I wish he still had the innocence and joy that his younger brother has.

How did it go with the situation at school with S2. @Determined

No discussions with the school yet @soul, principle was just getting in before S3 and likewise with the other parents to advise of the incident and that discussions with the children will be ongoing tomorrow.

Had a scattered and largely irrational discussion with S2 about it all, it would seem that he is just really hurting with mummy being away and struggling to regulate his emotions. (The incident happened during lunch break while they were waiting for a teacher). This does not excuse hitting people though, and there is ZERO excuse for hitting girls, don't care what they did to him or how much he is hurting, that is unacceptable. I was somewhat unsympathetic Im afraid in that regard and he missed his visit with nanny this afternoon because of it. I did convey this with as much love as possible though. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

@soul ..... do you mean I have to give up running and shrieking now ..... ??

😳

Day 4. 1 June

Something positive...    

Made it through another day.

Something to be grateful for.

Mum willing to drive me down for my appointment and to visit my darling. 

Got another platter of food from the school p&f.  (Was a card enclosed this time so I know who to thank). 

Something that made me laugh...

All out of laughs again today, better luck next week. 

Two out of three ain't bad @Determined. Nice to see that your family isn't going hungry. 

@soul wrote:

Two out of three ain't bad determined.  Nice to see that your family isn't going hungry. 

Agreed @soul :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Day 5:

Something positive:

Feeling so much better than I was an hour ago.

Something to be grateful for:

Sane forums, I dont know what I would have done tonight without this space. I would have survived, it would have been sooo much harder is all. Just to  be able to talk to  someone (or type as it was in this case, was unable to even talk earlier) has been a huge relief. Special thanks to @soul for all of your help and time tonight.  (And earlier today)  Always here to return the favor if needed. 

Grateful for the love shown by people who don't even know us that well. Was told tonight that someone has offered to help clean our house. Wow, dont know what to say. This is on top of some meals that have been provided. Very humbled by it all. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance