Skip to main content
Support1234
Casual Contributor

In patient private hospitals

Hi I am new to forums so not sure where to ask this question.

i am hoping for advice on in patient treatment at a private hospital. Has anybody got any experiences with this please.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: In patient private hospitals

Hi @Support1234 

Welcome to the forums!

Are you considering inpatient treatment, or are you seeking information for a loved one?

While I don't have my own experience in this to offer, I'm sure some of our amazing community will share some of their knowledge and experiences soon, I look forward to reading other's insights on this topic.

In the meantime here's another thread on a similar topic which may be interesting to take a look at

Hi @Support1234 

Welcome to the forums

I found this by accident. 

I have had one inpatient stay and going in 2.5 weeks for my second. So feel free to ask me what you want and I’ll help the best that I can. 

Hey @Support1234 ,

Welcome to the forums 🙂 Great to have you with us. 

I'm sure members will be able to share their experiences with you. @Snowie @Eve7 @outlander 

I am looking for my daughter and wanted to get options on what experiences people have had.

Thanks for your reply, I am looking at my daughter going in, just wondering if it has helped you. Is the therapy teaching you how to cope, understand? 

Hi @Support1234.

There was no individual therapy where I was but there was group therapy everyday. It was really helpful in learning the tools to cope and help me through the difficult times. In my experience with the groups, I got so much benefit out of them. 

Also there were nurses there the whole time and my clinic was a trauma clinic. So all nurses were trauma informed. As it was a stand alone it was not attached to a general hospital. 

I am going back for the second time to further my skills from the last visit. This hospital has 2 stages so I’m going for the second stage. 

I am glad that I finally went. In hindsight I should have gone earlier! 

Thanks for your reply. She wants to go and i want help as much as i can. It’s hard to know where to start. Wishing you well on your journey. 

My Case Manager organised mine @Support1234

Does your daughter have psychologist or psychiatrist? Maybe they have a recommendation of a hospital. 

Are you rural? Or are you in a city? 

@Support1234 

I have been in private mental health hospitals about 8 times. Various lengths.

Some have been for specific treatment, others not.

I have never been in a public hospital for my MH so can't compare.

The one I go into has different groups running through the day if you want to attend. I can also get some leave to visit my family when they come to see me.

Always had nice nurses and Doctors. Some better than others but that will happen anywhere. 

I hope this helps