Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Wot is KPI? @Appleblossom

Yea @Appleblossom I've found they're always (generally) coming from a... un medicated... we have all our basic needs attitude/approach & an it's your illness-it's your thoughts-you need medicine-you need therapy approach...

No one else nor society comes into the 'we're as much a problem/we're as much in the wrong ' we're also ill' equation... then they're pumping the individual full of medicine and creating nasty side effects...

@eudemonism KPI - Key Peformance Indicator

Business talk

In a site consultation meeting with a MH organisation.  I challenged them to look at suicide statistics for each organisation.  I had spent a bit of time going to coroners court for family history.  I suggested they really look at the general evidence.  Pleez dont take that out of context. We dont want things to get that bad.  We dont want people to die or live miserable lives.  

Yea... mental health issues... a world wide problem of great proportion...
@Appleblossom

During my times/stages of life where i wore a masque and pretended to be strong, pretended everything was fine, was being dishonest and living in denial-were my peak periods of suicidal ideation...

Thats tough @eudemonism 

Smiley Sad

Thats what life often demands of us and it turns us inside out.

Smiley Sad

I have tried all sorts of ways of being "more authentic as well as socially appropriate"

those buzz words of political correctness.

Its a tough gig, still havin a go.

Smiley Happy

Yea @Appleblossom society is rather screwed in the head if you ask me. There's no other way to put it....

Everybody just trying to be the best they can be. In the eyes of other people. Kinda got no choice but to go along with it. 

I was also pretty angry at all the stuff that happened to me and wanted to jolt people out of their comfort, but that never works.  They just scream louder about their problems.

Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

What are you up to today @eudemonism ?

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom I'm having some anti social time... trying to process/deal with my issues... trying to avoid 'them' even though they're going nowhere...

Feeling a tad bitter and twisted... feeling a tad provoked... feeling like I'm surely not the one with the problem here??? Wishing there were answers and solutions...

@Appleblossomi don't think there's really a positive way i can look at this or positive results which will come from my situation... which won't provoke more problems arising...

Actually that might not always be a bad idea @eudemonism lol anti-social time.

Dont personalise the identity, get the anti ... out ... and some other time you may discover you accidentally enjoy some social time.

I can be "pro social" generally but I've stopped worrying about "special or best friends" as a marker for popularity or being a worthwhile person. I have looked at plenty of other people's relationships and they arent all they are cracked up to be, even if people brag and carry on publicly about being besties ... eye rol ... (It is the teacher in me to be pro-social, I was asked to teach kids in the orphanages from very young, and then in the church etc etc.)

In one group on grief a lady talked about being all twitter and bisted ... and made everyone laugh ... and that was way before twitter online started.

That said I had a lovely afternoon at choir where I have gradually gotten to know people over last 5 years. 

I try and be on my best behaviour but sometimes my pain jumps out and is visible, though I try and contain it and not blame people who are being decent to me.

It can take a long time to get more social after grieving for sudden or violent deaths.  Then I had to bloomin grieve for the 20 years it took!

If ya dont connect then its not right to fake it all the time ... that saying about faking it til you make it ... has some blowies on it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance