Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Agreed @Former-Member ..... but the personality framework can also be what carries the illness also ..... so it can be almost impossible to know.  Perhaps that is where it comes down to the person, in the course of therapy, trying to determine for themselves how much is compulsion, how much is choice.

Oh my I can so relate to your words ... leave or make do.

I am inspired by your words to just try and enjoy the rare but precious magical moments.

Thank you for sharing

Such a hard one to understand

Hi Shaz51

hello @Dunks , stay strong my friend , one day at a time here

thinking of the good times is soo important my friend ,any question __ please ask

remember you are not alone and we are here for you all the way xx

Hello @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Magneto , @Carlachris ,

Content/trigger warning

Well thank you Shaz51

I think I have left it way too long to reach out for a bit of support

Hi @Dunks  .... 👋💕

Putting an @ symbol directly in front of someone’s user name sends them an email notification with a link to where you posted to them .... known as “tagging” them.

I can go onto other message threads and “tag” you from there, and an email notification will give you the link to where I messaged you.

It’s one of the practical things that we learn from each other here 😊 ..., just thought you might like to know ..... and it helps to identify who we are speaking to, unless we are just making a general comment, which is fine too.

@Faith-and-Hope
Thank you

👍 You’re welcome @Dunks 

I feel we all tend to do that@Dunks. It’s hard to ask for help and often I personally feel judged by people. I don’t share my married life with friends and especially family. They are not a support for me we have never been a close family. Maybe things would have been different if I had a sister but I only have 3 older brothers so being the youngest I have never had respect. Reaching out is tremendously hard to do. It definitely helps to know you are no longer alone. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance