Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: not feeling good

Hello again @BlueBay .  

Good to hear that the migraine no longer has its clutches into you.  Hopefully tomorrow the stomach can be the next thing relieved.  You're getting there! 😊

Yes I can imagine that a trip to the nursing home would not be ideal for you right now.  Your hubby was probably not thinking past wanting to give you a distraction from the hospital and everything thats happening right now.  Hopefully you are able to get in a decent rest this morning after a difficult night, and that lunch out will be a nice break for both of you. 

I'm not doing so well right now Bluebay.  Its a difficult time for me.  I have posted on my thread, so wont go into it here.

Kindest thoughts to you.

Sherry 🌺🌼

Hi @BlueBay, I just started following your thread, and wanted to offer my support, it sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time. I’m interested to hear how it goes with the psych! I felt very misunderstood by inpatient psychs when I was in hospital, so it’s good that you feel able to speak up about it. Sending you best wishes for today 💕

Really enjoying my morning @Former-Member sitting outside in the courtyard having a ciffee. So quiet peaceful with the odd bird whistling away 

just time out in the fresh air is so good

sending you lots of love and  hugs ❤️❤️

Hi @soft_edges  

nice to meet you 😊

i will let you know how I go tomorrow with my psych 

hope you are doing ok xxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm glad @BlueBay 

It sounds peaceful and restorative.  Fresh air is good.

Sherry 🌸😊

Image result for birds singing while I have a coffee

Image result for fresh air and a coffee

Nice to meet you too @BlueBay 🙂 I’m doing okay thanks, I’ve mostly just been very lonely and was delighted to find these forums. There’s something to be said for having other people with mental illness around to talk to. That was something comforting I found about being in hospital, I didn’t have to hide how I felt.

Hi @BlueBay 

I am glad you stayed away from the nursing home today - you have other priorities and there is nothing but sadness for you there - your MIL doesn't know you and it is pretty horrible for you and your husband as well - but she's his mother - not yours - and I think she gives him a hard time regardless of how often he goes - it's a hard thing to deal with - I kow - I understand that - but I ask myself - what's the point when your husband doesn't support you -

There's nothing I can suggest actually - except tell you I didn't visit my mother for years because she was rude to me and I wasn't going to put up with that and I have learned to be assertive

And you can too - I could start a thread about being assertive because the first thing you learn is stuff like

Whose problem it is and what your rights are and of course - you practise - and you decided to care for yourself and not go to the nursing home today and that was assertive and I am proud that you took the initiative

It's really hard work being in a psyche hospital - I have had my turn though my treatment was different so long ago when the psychiatrist was the main person in my therapy - no psychologist at the time - and I was in analysis which is a huge commitment for the doctor and the patient - 3 x 1 hour a week for years - on medicare - and I am not sure if it helped or not but I think it did because I had short vists often - and it helped a lot being able to take breaks in hospital when things were so bad at home

It was very different but I was able to do assertiveness training at the groups and other things like communication

I am actually glad you are trying things without medication - and really glad you are in hospital while this is happening. Things are often so bad for you I wonder how much you have to go through before  someone does something to make a difference rather than just keeping things going along the way you are when things are so rotten for you

There are things that need to be settled at home with Huffnpuff as well as dealing with your childhood abuse - possibly having things more settled at home would help put the past behind you which would be great - Huffnpuff really needs to sort his head out - if he can't see that then the only thing you can do is to be more assertive and not just put up with his aggression and pickiness -

It can be done - has anyone suggested working on being assertive - you don't need to be the assertive type - we just need to stick up for ourselves

I am going out with a helper tomorrow - I hope to get a chance to come in and post - I can always read my phone now it has been fixed but things have become busy for me since I went back to classes a few weeks ago - but I will catch up asap

All the best

Dec

Hey @Owlunar the last thing I wanted to do today was visit MIL. I’m glad I didn’t go. Hubby picked me up snd we went to a nice place near one of our beaches for lunch. Then we went to lincraft as I wanted to buy some wool to learn how to crochet granny squares. @CheerBear  and @outlander inspired me to try. And I did. 

Had to take mylanta twice for my psin. 

My d partner is a real pain. He had a toy at his place thst his mum bought for Ayla. She was there before and wanted to take her toy home. He said no because his mum bought it. He is really nit trying hard enough to chsnge. I’m thinking thst my d won’t go back. She just rang me and needed a chat.

i wouldn’t go bsvk but I csnt day that to her. All I can do is listen to her and give my opinion and even suggested seeing a therapist. It’s so hard. But I’m thinking niw that he is damn lazy and won’t chsnge. 

He invited her to the house to watch a movie together and he said she could choose a movie. She went over stsrted watching the movie and what does he do?? On his phone the whole time. 

I said to my d she should have left. 

@Owlunar  I would love for you to start an “assertive post”. But only when you have time. No pressure. I need to learn how to be assertive and nit worry about upsetting others by my decision. 

I struggle a lot eith assertiveness. But pls don’t feel pressured. Xxxx

I want to hurt myself 

really bad 

I’m screwed up 

so messed up

my emotions are going from one extreme to the other in a quick time 

csnt sleep and no meds 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance