Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

mumto2
Senior Contributor

trying to find some me time

I am kind of a morning person, If i don't get up and have something to do I basically lose all motivation. My daughter s normal sleep cycle is 3 am to midday. ( Delayed sleep cycle syndrome)

I cant do much of a morning, its like if you neighbour decided to mow bewteen 4 and 5am.

I take the labrador for a walk, she barks when she is bored or under exercised.

I cant do washing, Laundry is at daughters bedroom door.

I cant do any yard work cos our 16yo maltese X either barks if left inside. or if he comes outside he barks to get back inside ( imagine the cycle if I let him back inside). If i want to work on the front yard he cant come with me cos he barks on a lead, or barks at the back gate, or front door. Its doing my head in not being able to do the things that relax me. and once my daughters up , all my plans go out the window. 🤦‍♀️ ergh so frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: trying to find some me time

@mumto2  That sounds really frustrating. I’m a morning person also, and understand the motivation loss later, or when it doesn’t kick in at all.

do you know the thread Daily goals, motivation and check in ? I don’t know if it would help, but sometimes, we help each other get there, or remind each other, there’s alway tomorrow.

Sorry I’m not much help, but certainly understand.💞💞

@Maggie Thanks I will check it out

hey @mumto2 that sounds frustrating.
could you maybe do some quiet things like colouring in, watching a fave movie/tv show on the computer that way you can put headphones in? reading a book? having a cup of tea and a biscuit? colouring in or some puzzles?

@ Outlander. Thanks for suggesting a few quiet things, I do do some of tese things,  I managed to sneak out and get some gardening done in the afternoon when dog was sleeping and daughter went back to bed after not sleeping well. I feel better having being able to complete a couple of jobs.

I can relate t o not being able to use the washing machine or heater because it disturbed my son.  Compromises Huh ... sigh

Take Care of you

@mumto2 

@mumto2  Good to hear you managed some gardening yesterday. It does feel better getting some things done.

I hope today is a good one for you. Take care. 💞💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance