Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Hope so @TAB
I really struggle with this

Managedgym visit. Focused on cardio as I'll be lifting stuff tonight at work.

Maybe the pace at which I was trying to achieve things and score life goals was too quick. So quick that I forgot to live my life. Focusing on the present and dealing with the things that need dealing with now. It seems like the best way to control the future is to have a handle on the present.

I am seeing my psych tomorrow so i plan on raising a lot of the Jungian shadow stuff with him. Particularly in the areas of intimacy and career. Odd combination I think lol but it is what it is.

Just going to take it easy this afternoon before my shift. Late lunch too.

Hope your days treating you well.

@outlander @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @Appleblossom @Sam3 @BryanaCamp @greenpea @BlueBay @Faith-and-Hope

Hope you have a nice afternoon @MDT 😊

im at work until 4pm. I’m feeling like I want to leave but can’t. 

Anyway you enjoy your day. 

hi all, a little bit of bush to cheer you up

Dandenongs.jpg

hi @MDT , I think you're being a bit hard on yourself. Like TAB said, you found work, you'll find more. I think you're doing amazing (I'm struggling just to wash my hair and got another rejection email on the weekend for a job). It's great that you go to the gym too, you've got real dicipline in doing that. Sometimes when we're in our head a lot it's hard to just have normal conversations and normal thoughts (or few thoughts). When I feel strong enough I find it helps to go to volunteering & have normal conversations with the staff and perform well, and sometimes it also helps to see friends & just have normal conversations that aren't about my fears so much - that's only when I feel strong enough mind you. ANyways, hope you have a nice arvo and that work shift goes well tonight for you.

hi @TAB how did the dreaded online induction go? SOunds pretty irritating but hope it got done ok. How are the aches & pains going today, are you at work?

hi @Zoe7 hope you're feeling good today too and that your day is going quick. Hope Toby's ear situation is progressing.

hi @eudemonism how are you going today, will you get out for a walk?

I spoke to my brother in his psych ward overseas last night. He sounds in good spirits & he organised himself a phone so we were able to have a good long chat. He still sounds a bit confused & stressed but says the medication is working. His doctor is hard to see (too busy) which is a bit crappy but I guess all he can do is wait. He was not keen to come home to Australia he just wants to go back to his home when he leaves hospital. He was asking me about how I built up my social supoprts & socail life & I tried to explain meetups to him but it was a bit much for now. He said he feels safe which is great.

I've washed my jeans & top ready for volunteering tomorrow. Got to wash my hair which I find so difficult. Did a little workout this moorning & now going for a walk so will try to wash my hair after that!

thanks @BlueBay I hope you are having a good day too my friend 🙂

Yeah @BryanaCamp good points. Also nice photo. I constructed up a list of things to talk about tomorrow at the psych so that should build some good discussion points I think. Just watched a game of thrones episode over lunch lol. One step at a time I think. It sounds like you have some stuff to do with volunteering which is good! Good on you for getting into that. I find that the gym breaks the spell of crappy feeling. Today I just did a bit of cardio and a little weights. I do more weights tonight when I'm at work lifting and moving all that stuff. I think I will sleep well tonight. Just going to hold out for my psych tomorrow I think. Normal conversations really do help don't they? I'm glad to hear your brother is in a bit of a better situation re medications as well. You are a good sibling 🙂

@MDT Heart

Am watching the Danish series Ride the Storm.  There is a bit in it about ... "dont forget to breathe" ... and stacking firewood, but also about the issues young men face in our hyped up contemporary culture.

Smiley Happy

@BryanaCamp Toby's ear is getting better - it is less red than it was but still over a week to go with the ear drops. He is being a really good boy and letting me put the drops in pretty easily now - so he is getting used to it more. I'll take him back to the vet next Friday to get it checked out again after the course of drops is finished.

@MDT You are way too hard on yourself buddy - as has already been said - you have continued to get these positions and I have n doubt you will get more but you also need to be patient. Not everything comes in an instant and we all need to learn how to wait a bit more for some things. It is a bit like our MH - it doesn't improve over night - it is a process ...and often a long one - one step at a time buddy - you have the persistent, intelligence and knowledge within you to take the necessary steps to get through all this and gain more employment in time. Talking to you psych is a good thing too - you can talk through your fears and learn strategies to deal with those negative thoughts as they come up.

thanks @MDT  it's kind of you. 

I don't know Game of Thrones but have friends who totally love it. that is awesome that gym work breaks up your thought patterns, that's a huge strength to have.

Hey @Zoe7 that's lovely Toby's ear is getting better. I'm glad he's taking the drops ok, I know it's not fun administering things like that. my kitty cat is all better and will be so happy tomorrow when he gets his freedom back!

Oh yes tomorrow is outside day again for your puddy tat @BryanaCamp He will be so happy to roam around outside again - hope he stays away from other cats this time and has no more fights Smiley Tongue

me too @Zoe7 !

I'm on calling duty for my brother tonight so I'll call him in the psych ward later tonight. I feel a bit pessimistic about it, I worry that he'll get out of hospital and just keep turning around in the same circles he has been for ages. He's really stubborn about accepting $ help from family (who can afford it) and that made all the difference to my MH & putting my life back together. Poverty is so stressful I find and I also find to have & maintain my social support network I need a certain amount of money, just to buy decent clothes & pay for coffees so I can go to a cafe with friends. He also never goes to appointments or has any ongoing relationships with essential supports (like a GP, a psychiatrist) and just isolates himself. It's frustrating & he doesn't seem to understand the concept of on-going supports. I see my GP every few months to get blood tests to check for any side effects from my meds, I can't see my brother finding a GP and sticking with that 1 person.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance