Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Attahua
Senior Contributor

An update as haven't posted in awhile

Well things have not gone particularly smoothly with my partner's recent admission.....after three weeks and two days our local hospital with a brand new whiz bang pysch ward finally admitted that basically they could no longer care for someone with the high needs my partner requires when unwell so with less than 12 hours notice, not even notifying me, his family,that a transfer to the city 5 hours drive away was even on the cards, he was taken by the RFD service to another hospital. Gets worse though..... I was told by the day nurse that he was going to one particular ward as that was where the bed was available and then when I was asking the night staff if they had ever seen this ward and what was it like they informed me that no such ward existed at that particular hospital that I had been told he was being transferred to and basically as he was being picked up by the ambos to go to the airport I was none-the wiser as to where he would actually end up that night!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: An update as haven't posted in awhile

Oh my @Attahua, that sounds so stressful.

Is your partner is hospital now and ok?

How you holding up?

Hi cherry bomb, yes he is now in a secure unit and doing ok, taking his orals which is a good sign as he refused them at our local hospital. Hopefully he will be transferred to the open ward early this week. I haven't been to see him as I am still working but it is school holidays soon so we will make the trip then. Some days I am ok and other times I feel really let down and angry with him as I think this could have been avoided if he didn't have any of the 'green' which he had up until recently stayed away from for five years. He may not have even had any but was definitely hanging around someone who was having it in front of him and apparently that is all it takes....just smelling it, who knows!!! All I know is once again this has turned our lives upside down and right now i am cross as I feel this could have been avoided! Now we are back to one income and I am juggling the bills as that was his job to pay them so I have had to quickly navigate my way around BPay etc and juggle accounts. Anywsy, that's my rant on a Monday morning before work!!! X

You're totally welcome to rant whenever you need it @Attahua

I hope you have someone in your life you can share this with - either a friend or professional. And of course, we are here whenever you need us!

Thanx, it's very hard to talk yo someone who hasn't been exposed to the illness as I have found that friends I have tried talking to simply cannot understand the dellusions and their obscurities. I no longer see a professional as my partner's delusions and illness pretty much follow the same pattern everytime and I no longer take it personally. I have also found that people who have not been through this also ask me if he is outside of hospital yet ....some asked in the first few days but as I try to explain this illness takes a course and can take months to recover....it has only been five weeks and a few days....we have a long road ahead of us! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance