Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Thanks @Shaz51 🙏. .. went back to doc yesterday and got different antibiotics- finally today feel like I’m improving .. sigh ... after a month of this infection urghhhh ... now just waiting to pick up Ms S from work - her third weekend of work yay ! So far so good - altho she has had constant headaches and migraine still so I think she is still needing to do more trauma therapy and take a bit more responsibility for her health and physical fitness ... all in time - for now I go with the flow !! 

Hope this weekend treats you well - I’ll check in on your thread xx

glad to hear you are on the right antibiotics and you are finally feelinf a bit better @Sophie1 , it sure takes it out of you when you are not well

hope Ms S gets rid of her headaches soon

@Sophie13431439e06af27de6ad5ee78eac63cca--violin-cat-art.jpg

images (591).jpeg

Wow @Former-Member  I will have to get my carving tools out lol 

@Former-Member, @Sophie1 , have either of you ever come across a Viola da Gamba? I've seen one (at least?) being played by a Baroque ensemble. Essentially a 7 string cello. I don't know if the picture is the same one, but the one I saw had a man's head carved into the scroll.

$_1.JPG5c2b8941480d10bba3ea9c0e06aa164f--violin-bass.jpg

Have not heard of that before @Smc .

Hope you are feeling a lot better now @Sophie1.

@Smc  @Former-Member  Wow I have never seen one of those - I had heard of 5 string cellos tho and often long for a lower string as I love the bass sounds ...   but don’t quite see myself wrangling a double bass ... the viola da gamba looks beautiful .

i went back to work today and still not 100% but steroids helping me 

got home and MsS has shocking light sensitive migraine - I encouraged over an hour of getting home to let me take her to gp for pain relief as she had none left and I could see she was not coping with pain at all ... so a 1.5 hr round trip later and all done ... now for bed ahhhh ... 

hope you are both both well and sleep well 

@Sophie1, I decided I'd love a viola when I got carried away by some music that I was playing an impromtu alto line for on my violin, and I tried moving over to a lower string that wasn't there. 🙂 I think I'd find it a bit challenging learning the different stance for playing a cello, plus I've got a musician's ear but not the hands to match. Short fingers... I think the viola is as much of a stretch as I can do.

Sleep well, hope Ms S is better tomorrow.

How are you going @Sophie1 ?

Hi @Former-Member ... just worked late fir a deadline and over tired ... have an early start too eeek ... at least I finished my work ... MsS has to go to gp again for pain meds for migraine but at least we were lucky and osteopath at clinic had a cancellation and asked if she’d like it ... MsS accepted and got some relief yay !!!! I am so happy when she has some relief ... my chest nearly better just a bit rattly still ... anyway must try to sleep ... oh I sorted out my jewellery on weekend - all in neat plastic containers now I got from Bunnings - they were only $5ea - designed for tradies for nails lol 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance