Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

It is just not needed in our household any more. @Former-Member @Smc @Adge  @Shaz51  @Faith-and-Hope 

My son has excluded sugar, bread and milk from his diet and I only buy a loaf every couple months to freeze.

My older younger (??) brother was hands down best baker with his 3 egg yellow bread.  I found a loaf on my doorstep once as thank you for letting him stay in my flat for a few months, which I will never forget amongst all his pain and violence.  He was also dreadfully competitive which maybe emerged in his foster homes or orphanages. I dont really know.  

Sorry that maybe lowered the mood of everybody and I did not mean to do that.  I just want to include them sometimes even though they are gone.  You all have walked with me as I have expressed my pain.  Thank you so much.

Heart

I hope you all have a good night @Faith-and-Hope  @Smc @Former-Member @Shaz51  @Adge 

Smiley Happy

All good @Appleblossom . Remembering can be bitter sweet, and sometimes best done in company. 🙂

Yes @Smc Remembering is bitter sweet alright....

I remember very clearly what my relatives deny happened.

You never lower the mood @Appleblossom Your feelings are valid.

Adge

here for you @Appleblossom HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Not at all at @Appleblossom 

Food sparks so many different memories for each of us. 

Thank you for your validations. All of you. It brings tears to my eyes and I no longer cry much as I had to work so hard to dam the tears.  Its alright just a few drops not enough to change my plans for the day (choir in the city) which was how it used to be, once triggered. I was out of action for a couple weeks and I never knew when tears would hit.

Also glad I have not lost my ability to feel.

Tears for those in sufferingTears for those in sufferinghot choc if thats your thinghot choc if thats your thingFlegel - Carnation and EggsFlegel - Carnation and Eggs

It is so warming to see this support here - just floating by with my chai to say hello and see how everyone is going. Hope Tuesday is treating everyone well and wanted to add some vibes of support and acknowledge your wonderful strength @Appleblossom 

If anyone is around tonight, come join us at Topic Tuesday on Compassion Fatigue, I feel like a lot of you will have really great insights and advice to share to others and there may be other nice tips found too, you never know right? ☺️

Masala_Chai.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Lauz  .. I love chai.

Will try to make it to the Topic Tuesday tonight. But the timing is not great for me, and I tend to come in late. Although thats okay too.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Shaz51 

Sherry 🍹🍧

Thanks @Lauz  Love your pic.

Cant come tonight as I have another choir rehearsal.  The people in this choir are also supportive and decent to me, as a person and as a musician.  So that is 2 prominent and good choirs that I feel I belong in that have fair and flexible membership criteria.  

Smiley Happy

Today deserves special mention of the news released about the conviction of Cardinal George Pell.

Sadly the man does not get the consequences of his actions or the ripple effects of the toxic side of cathollic culture.

@Former-Member  Hey 

I love reading your posts even when they are not directed at me.  It helps soften my anger and pain and I am sure a few of the good emotion words seap into the fibre of my being and gradually I am softer and not so difficult socially.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance