Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Denv12
Senior Contributor

Brain Fog: Can You Relate To This?

Here's a good topic. Brain fog. Its a symptom thats basically a cognative dysfunctional thing. In the last 5 minutes since I decided to post this topic I've had brain fog just trying to post this. As I have anxiety but also chronic fatigue(cfs),I experience brain fog regularly. Even though I try to keep my mind active as much as possible I still moments where my mind just goes blank.Just trying to function in everyday stuff really messes me up. On a good day you'll see I'm doing okay when I can post some good topics.If I'm not up to it I'll just take it easy and come back when I'm feeling better.

If you can relate to brain fog please share your experiences.It might make others feel better knowing they arent alone with this problem.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Brain Fog: Can You Relate To This?

Yes! This happens to me when I get overwhelmed I feel like I numb out a lot and can’t accurately perceive anything around me? Feels different to dissociation, it’s more like my brain has cut a connection - I often struggle with repeating the same word or sentence over and over because I can’t think of what comes next or what I was going to say. It feels like I can’t talk or figure out how I used to talk, it becomes VERY frustrating and makes me feel unintelligent! It usually passes but there’s never any telling on how long it will last, is this anything similar to what you experience? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance