Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

farm342
New Contributor

Dad had a spiritual awakening, now getting 'downloads' and leaving us

Hi everyone, 

Dad has had what he calls a Kundalini spiritual awakening. This spiritual awakening has supposedly heightened his consciousness and he's been more empathetic and can see how everything is connected – all good things, though he now thinks he’s some sort of special master and has some spiritual role to help others and to get them to have spiritual awakenings to make the world a better place. He has researched further into all sorts of things including: psychic, numerology, life plans and soul plans, master numbers, ego death. He has been getting what he calls “downloads”, these messages with “new information”, though much of this is not actually “new” e.g. x-rays are bad. Though more concerning have been his downloads telling him to leave his wife as a new husband is going to come into her life, and one of his daughters is special (but won’t elaborate why) and the wife has been put here to protect her. 

It's a big change from earlier in the year getting ready to retire and travel the country together. We have spoken with a psychologist about it, who recommended speaking to a psychiatrist. Though he won't go unless they have an understanding of all this spiritual awakening stuff. Any advice, or recommendations for a professional with experience in this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dad had a spiritual awakening, now getting 'downloads' and leaving us

Hi @farm342 

Welcome to the forums. I must admit I had to Google 'Kundalini' awakening but still didn't really understand what it's all about. I did then Google 'Kundalini psychiatrists' and one of the websites came up is here https://www.kundalinihealingtherapies.com/about-us/ 

There is actually a clinical psychologist at this practice which might be the sort of therapist your dad could get support from? I would say have a search for Kundalinie psychiatrists/therapists/psychologist in your area or someone who does telehealth? That could be helpful. 

It sounds like there have been some real positives from his awakening but then also some questionable things that aren't so straightforward. 

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Take care

Hanami

Re: Dad had a spiritual awakening, now getting 'downloads' and leaving us

Hello @farm342 

I have heard of a condition called the Messiah Complex is that something you would be likely to explore? Your Dad seems to be displaying similarities of this condition. I hope this is useful 🙏 If you need to chat we're here for you and your family. You can contact us by any means on this page Contact us (sane.org)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance