Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hi @Captain24 

Got my hair done this morning too!! At least it is freshly washed and blow dried. One less thing I have to do.

Thats good about your tax. Any refund is better than having to pay money.

I'm glad your admission has been worked out and you have a day and time. One less thing to worry about.

Baby steps hon. That's what I'm doing. If things aren't done than so be it. Our mental and physical health is more important than ticking something of a list.

Hey @Captain24 sounds like you're getting quite a few things sorted today

I hear ya, doing these tasks, like getting your hair done isn't always the most enjoyable but I really hope that you feel better for having done it and can enjoy that feeling a little bit later on today when it's completed 

I’m outta there @Snowie @Ru-bee.

It was in her own little studio at her house. So I had to do a lot of small talk. 

I got it all cut off. It was down to the middle of my back and now it sits on my shoulders. 

It does feel good though. 

I have an appointment starting about now. It goes for an hour and then my day is done. 

My day is done. The interview is over. I am so exhausted and I'm really not ok. I’m struggling. If that’s not ok to write tell me and I’ll remove it. I don’t know anymore. 

The house sitter wanted to come around and meet the dogs. So I got up extra early to clean the house and bath the dogs. Got it all done before the accountant this morning. Guess what… they didn’t come. 

My dogs looked cute though 

IMG_5925.jpeg

 Also I finished this 

IMG_5926.jpeg

Good on you for getting through the day @Captain24 !

The dogs are looking extra cute 😍

Do you think you need some extra support tonight? 

Possibly @Ru-bee 

@Captain24 

As your day progresses, it seems to take a downward spiral. Totally understand this. Feel like at times, mine does the same.

I think a lot of people will agree with you too. Even helplines are busier in the afternoon and evenings instead of in the morning. As the day goes on we seem to use up all our energy. As the day comes to an end, we seem to have nothing left in the tank. We end up struggling.

I do have a point in saying all of this! My psych and I have been working on specific things that I can do in the afternoons and evenings. Knowing that these are harder times for me, I try and specifically save "tools" to use for these times. 

I have access to my journal, I have tv shows I watch, I have numbers on hand to ring, I write down all things I accomplished that day (even if they are really small), I try and do some self care, I set aside time for myself. 

Sometimes we just need to show ourselves some compassion. Be proud that we have gotten through the day in one piece. We might not have anything left in the tank, but thats ok too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is can you make up an afternoon/evening list. Tasks/things that you specifically keep in reserve for these times.

Just a suggestion. Also I hope it all made sense!!

What a great idea @Snowie 

How do you feel that this might work for you @Captain24? As you're feeling you might need extra support tonight maybe one thing you could try out from this tonight is to put together some helplines that you find helpful, to ensure you have them on hand?

Sorry I’m on repeat.. after this I’ll go.

I’ve written down what I have done today and it’s actually quite a large list. @Snowie 

I’ve written your list too @Ru-bee.

It makes me realise why I’m so tired.

It makes a bit of sense. 

How do you go about self care @Snowie?

I'm too tired and have no care factor. 

Will this help me get out of the bottom

of my spiral. 

You've had a huge day @Captain24, good on you for summoning the energy to write these lists! 

I'm just about to finish up, but I hope that you're able to get a good rest after today

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance