Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sarbear
New Contributor

Teenagers with anxiety and depression

• Needing help please 

My son has anxiety and depression and he is very flat, irritable and unhappy at the moment. I found vapes in his room and took them. He said that they are the only thing that help him to cope. Since taking them away his behaviour and mood are 10 times worse. He is crying, miserable, doesn't want to be here, is punching walls and is so overwhelmed.

What can I do to help? I don't want to let him use the vapes but I can't bare to see him like this. He has a therapy appointment but its not until Thursday.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Teenagers with anxiety and depression

Hey @Sarbear ,

It sounds like something many parents are going through whether it be with vapes, phone, gambling, drugs or video games.

I am not an expert on addiction etc, but I can say that riding out the first 72 hours is very very rough. The body needs to get used to not relying on getting that dopamine hit all the time. 

I'm glad he has a therapy appointment soon. 

I also hear how hard it must be for you to see him this way. Have you spoken to a GP about what you can do? 

Re: Teenagers with anxiety and depression

@Sarbear Just checking in to see how the appointment went on Thursday?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance