Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to be happy, isn’t working

ohhhhhh @Peri  being thinking of yo all day today my friend , hope you are ok

please let us know xxxxxx

Hello @Former-Member , @BryanaCamp , @Faith-and-Hope , @Starta 

Dear @Shaz51 @and also @Former-Member @BryanaCamp @Faith-and-Hope @Starta @@@@and any other kind people I may have missed,

i had a bad fall on 30 March that ended up with me being in hospital for five days. I had a bleed on the brain and a badly broken wrist  I just haven’t had the heart to write here. Thankfully I am ok but can do very little as it is my dominant hand that is broken. 

I am also sick of being so depressed sick of myself and need to buck up so to speak!

at least it is sunny here today again.  We have had rain and grey skies. Very dull.  

I will write again later

peri

Oh wow @Peri 😮 

I am glad you’re okay now, but that must have been frightening.

Jeez @Peri  They are very serious injuries, enough to put anone in a pink funk.

Glad you finally got to post.

Hugs Smiley Happy

Oh my goodness @Peri  ... how awful for you!  Thats pretty serious stuff I have to say.  Thank goodness it wasnt more serious than it was.  Nonetheless any bleed on the brain needs to be monitored, and that broken wrist will keep you hamstrung for some time.  And who likes hospital stays?  Urgh ...... But under those circumstances, it was the only place for you to be.  Thankfully it sounds as though you are recovering now.  I hope your son is taking good care of you, and perhaps your little granddaughter as well.  This is your second fall in a few months I think?  Do you know what is causing the falls, and has it been suggested that you get further tests to find out?  I hope you dont think I'm being presumptuous, but I am concerned about you.

Oh dear Peri, you have had such a bad trot this past year.  Its all very well to tell yourself to 'buck up', but its so hard when we keep getting battened back down again.  But ... pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off again is all we really can do.  I know you will do that again too.  Sounds as though your recent weather has been as gloomy as your mood.  Its been different here ... beautiful autumn weather with cool nights and warm days.

No rush to write again until you're ready Peri.  I realise with your dominant hand being broken, it will be difficult to use a computer or mobile device.  Rest up while you can and give yourself the break (parden the pun) you need. I will be thinking of you with much fondness and concern in the meantime.

I hope that you are receiving any additional outside care that you may need right now.  Give a pat to those doggie companions of yours too.  I expect they will be making the most of having you laid low right now, with lots of cuddles and attention.

Sherry 💕🌼🌺

oh wooww my @Peri 

I wondered why we had not heard from you

sending you lots of tender and healing hugs HeartHeart

here for you darling xoxoxo

Hello @Peri 

Just quickly stopping by to check how you are getting along. I've been thinking about you nearly every day, and hoping your brain injury and broken wrist are both on the mend.

I look forward to hearing from you when you're feeling up to checking in.

Sending you a very gentle caring hug, and all the well wishes you need.

Shout out to you too @Starta  and thank you for thinking of me and posting to my thread last week.

Sherry 💜🐶

Hello dear @Peri 

Its been almost a month since you last posted, and I think of you regularly.  Actually ... I'm really concerned about you, as I have not seen you around anywhere in that time. I really hope you're okay and that you are recovering well from your fall.  I would very much love to hear from you again, but totally understand if you dont feel ready. Until you are ready ... I am sending you my love, understanding and best wishes.

@Starta  ... Hi to you also.  With waves to @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @BryanaCamp 

Sherry 💕🐶🌺

Dear @Former-Member , @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @BryanaCamp  and all who have offered support.

i have really found life a struggle since my fall, six weeks ago now. I feel I can’t get out of bed today. I am so sad and alone.  I know there are people who are dealing with much more than I am but I can’t cope

i have had the cast off my arm, but it is next to useless. So stiff and sore. I can’t lift anything with it. I

i want to stop feeling so low.  But I don’t know how anymore.  It is raining here today.  I want another coffee, but don’t have the energy to get up and get it..  I wish I was as strong as you sherry and others. Like I used to be.  

I want to go home

peri

@Peri 

Be gentle on yourselfBe gentle on yourself

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance