Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Hi @Former-Member,

Sorry to hear your frustration and that Topic Tuesday was a bit hard for you - however you contrubuted in such a valuable way. I know that may not help you in a practical way right now but wanted to let you know and encourage you to realise your own strength. Those are some big hard questions - what are you doing to take care of yourself through this? Any self care while you manage the big things. Have you reached out to any helplines perhaps?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Lauz, appreciate it 🤗
Former-Member
Not applicable

Well, I finally did it!

Tonights my first night sleeping in the van. I found a quiet hedged in corner in carpark of a Residential Aged care facility. It's nice to know there's people awake, working just close by, but also nerve-racking that I'll be found out and asked to move on... So I'm quiet as a mouse, heart pounding. Its so good to finally lay down. Its 8:30 &  I've been driving since 1230 (give or take breaks and shopping, and settling in...) 

I put x2 cot mattresses on x2 coffee tables long ways and the springs are so much more supportive than foam for my troubled back.. Under the coffee tables bed is wheel containers x5 for storage.

My furbaby is curled up by my feet, she's been so good. 

Hey,. How cool is it that our phones light up to do this in the dark. And we can charge them in the car!

@Applebossom, @Zoe7  @Appleblossom  @Shaz51  @Lauz  @outlander 

hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

That is huge @Former-Member It must feel great to be able to get out of the house too - well on your way to some independence. Hope it begins to feel like home soon too.

Hey @Former-Member That is amazing.  Congrats on moving to your dream.

Smiley Happy

Good thinking re firm flat surface under mattress.  I hope you were not disturbed.

Smiley Happy

From my teen days I remember people booking into caravan parks etc for weekly shower, though some tried to sneak in with towels in bag.

Smiley Embarassed

You will find your own rhythm and style.

It is handy that you can keep phone charged and have general access while on the road.

HugsHeart

I have been offline after my concert just laying in bed, snoozing and listening to 3CR.

Apple

Hey @Former-Member How are you going Hon? Are you still in the van?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @Appleblossom  @Zoe7 

Sorry I've not answered so long. Being on the road kinda took it out of me. Especially after attempting a sponge bath in a driver reviver stop that, uninformed, had a time limit that about 10min, announced that I must "exit the cubical immediately!" and automatically opened the door while I was still half undressed 😲 omg how rude! Sheesh. After rushing to put my pants on (being the last part to wash) I gladly left the noisy whistling alarm :face_with_rolling_eyes:  My only saving grace was that nobody else was waiting.

But i continued on, exporing towns but gave up after a nasty fall (on cement) and checked into a cabin for 4nights - to self care - before heading back, arriving in the dark Thursday night - straight to bed, lots of back pain, but GG furbaby was glad to be on familiar ground. Suicidal thoughts crept back in realising my 'on the road' isn't quite the dream anymore, physical limitations and all. I so want to travel before i die.

Yep, I found being on the road very difficult, and kinda lonely, but also pushed me to be more active and wonder if its possible to actually adjust to it at some stage. 

I applied for rentals in 3major towns & came home. 

THE COUNTRYSIDE 🏞

THISTIME OF YEAR 🍁🌳🍃🍂

IS MAGICAL 🌄

Rolling hills but best of all the colourful trees. Oh my goodness... breathtaking some of them. Photos bearly capture the beauty of it all. 

Hope you two are ok?

That certainly was an adventure then @Former-Member Good that you booked in to the cabin after your fall and allowed yourself of plenty of self-care. It is good to get an idea of how you will cope for further adventures. Hope you get one of the rentals you applied for Hon.

Thanks for checking in. Take care @Former-Member Heart

All kudos to your Lady @Former-Member 

Takes planning and courage to hit the road.

Smiley HappyHeart

Heart for being a Brave Heart.

I just posted on "my" thread "Fragile".

Had a hard night. Dont really want to go into it. but still Survivng.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance