Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

@Former-Member  Moving house is such a drag.  

Smiley Frustrated

@BryanaCamp  @Zoe7 

Hoping you are all good.

Smiley Happy

Went out tonight to literary meeting and met an old boss and another zoo person.  I like it when my worlds mix up.  Son had a good talk tonight too.  Which is a relief as he had been keeping his cards too close to his chest for a couple of months.  

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171129_184310.png

Hi beautiful friends. How's sleep & work @Zoe7 ?  Would it help if I told you mouse was playing possum and ran off unnoticed?  

@Appleblossom , I love that you have such a colourful life and care so well for your son. You'd adults withdraw ing is always concerning. Parenting is not for the faint hearted. 

How are you going @BryanaCamp , @Turquoise  @mufasa 

My friends are distant, and family are invisible. Really hard to find my place in the world. Think I'll end up living in my car. Applied for public housing but its a 5-10yr wait for this area 😕  how stupid is that! Don't really want to live away from supports services in a country town. Just so confused. 

Hi @Former-Member  Slept most of the weekend so far. Work is going well but it is tiring - so glad I am only working 4 days - could not manage 5 days - still managing to go to DBT and appointments but that may need to finish soon too - not sure I can continue to do that and work too. Going to discuss it with my pdoc closer to the end of this current module.

That is such a ridiculous wait for public housing - so sorry that you are in this position @Former-Member  It is no wonder you are feeling confused - you need the support and can only get that where you are but that may mean you living in your car - that is super hard Smiley Sad

Oooohhhh @Former-Member   That is a long wait. 

Heart

A car in the autumn before it gets cold might be alright to save a little up so that you could pay a bond or something. 

Sorry that your options are so limited atm.  Hope things improve.  They might be able to find a place sooner but are trying to manage expectations ... I dont know.  Hugs Now and whenever you need them.

Heart

I really like the colour in your pic.  The red and yellow and blotches ... yeah I bet most hearts get a few blotches over time .... Never mind ... they are still human beating hearts.

Take Care

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for your empathy & encouragement @Appleblossom & @Zoe7. Nobody in real life seems to 'get it' how scared I am, to be alone without a home, roaming... I'm almost done packing and filled my tiny 1×2m storage locker. Bit sick of it but its also a good time to declutter, which slows me down but better for later.
Made some cool fish paddy for dinner. Stuffed it with coleslaw & spice. So needed that good feed
Hope we all have a good week. xox

It is extremely scary the thought of being homeless and having to sleep in your car @Former-Member and you have your fur baby to look after as well Smiley Sad I really hope something comes up for you soon and you can both have somewhere to call home. It is not the ideal way to declutter and I wish that it wasn't the case for you. I have everything crossed that you will find somewhere @Former-Member Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7 🙂

Sounds like a healthy yum meal @Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

Wish things were better. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe. And @Aopleblossom. Have you, or known anyone whose lived in their car?

I'm flat today, back pain doesn't help.
Know its likely depression talking but it really feels like my life is over, and nature's just gotta take its course rather than me helping it. Not logical though, to fight the inevitable...
but somehow we must...
Somehow...
For something...
Stupid! Hw do we fight on when there's nothing holding us here?
Rather then throwing me pills and emergency numbers... Can someone please tell me why I should stay?

Maybe deep down someone cares about me, maybe, was just told someone special has booked a plane to visit on my Birthday in a month, so that's nice.

But im So tired. Been in bed all day - 24hrs now, just not well.
Cooler weather is nice though

Probably should venture out of this thread... gets some tips

Maybe tomorrow...

@Former-Member Hi

Smiley Happy

I am really hoping you dont have to go to living in your car.  It becomes hard to look "work-ready" when living in a car.

I have been homeless, and known people in all sorts of living situations, from living in tents, going to Nimbin, caravans weird share houses etc.

That was all a long time ago.  I managed my accomodation fairly early on, put it first, cos we all need that security.  Atm I am very secure in some ways but insecure in others (long story - not relevant)

I am watching some videos on psychology, transformation etc.

He is not flashy but I think he has a handle on the issues and makes good points.

Cant figure out the link button atm

Its called

Vital Mind Psychology

Take Care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance