Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

The balancing act. It's the ultimate task isn't it. What do you find grounds you most when all of these different energies are in the air? Heart @Shaz51 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

Ahh loved Fernando, really hard to sing though! @Former-Member 

There is  along way to go but we keep fighting the good fight for carers and it's so difficult to even give yourself any self care, so I'm glad you're here x

I am really lucky financially as my hubby is ex military, and DVA cover travel costs to attend necessary appointments. Even covering cost of travel to the city when needed. He also has a gold card covering all health costs. DVA are very reasonable in that regard. He receives TPI pension also fromDVA. I do not think we could have survived financially the past 5 years or so without that. So lucky in that regard.

@Arafmi_Ltd @Former-Member 

Sorry I am a bit behind in conversation.

Totally fine @Former-Member  Great to have your input, and to hear that he has been looked after especially as he has served. Sometimes the stories are not so, very glad to hear it's been a positive outcome for you and hubby with financial etc Heart 🙂

I hear you @Shaz51 sometimes grabbing ten mins to just breath can be challenging, but even if you can take half an hour for yourself, schedule it in and make it yours x

Ahh loved Fernando tooo @Arafmi_Ltd , @Former-Member 

ahhh @Former-Member , seems to take longer in rural areas , but this week getting my mum`s suppurt under way for the next 8 weeks

but with my mr shaz , they keep wnting to cancel all help -- dont know why xx

Whilst we are on the topic of self, let's move into discussion point 3... 🙂

One of the hardest components of being a carer can be the sense of loneliness that comes to fruition. What are some ways of connecting with like-minded carers in regional areas? Do you find carer support groups useful?

giphy (2).gif

What are some ways of connecting with like-minded carers in regional areas? Do you find carer support groups useful?

@Faith-and-Hope, here my sister xx

We found it easier financially when Mr D got the DSP, even though he only gets a limited fortnightly payment, the discounts help heaps

There are teleconsult providers (pdocs/therapists) that bulk bill rural patients @Grayso .

@Arafmi_Ltd  I have a carer support person who works for a group that provides NDIS, she says Mr D would not qualify.

carer support groups,never found one @Former-Member . @Arafmi_Ltd and never ever have join suchgroup here in far north queensland

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance