Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

We have a 24hr helpline at Arafmi that you can call and find out about any local groups that may be happening near you. Sometimes, if there is enough interest we consider starting new groups in different areas.

Also we encourage carers in remote ares to check local post offices or community centres for flyers that promote support groups. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

have a carer support pension @Former-Member , @Arafmi_Ltd  , I missed out , will I try again ???

@Arafmi_Ltd, Andrea  Maybe @Shaz51 Would benefit from getting in touch with your team?

Shaz51 where are you from in Far North QLD that’s where we are from? 

Thanks so much @Shaz51 .  I am going to listen along as an interested bystander, as I am not regional, and without a diagnosis in place we don’t have access to these sorts of services at the present time.  I can empathise with the challenges though.

sounds good @Arafmi_Ltd 

Darci, this would be great to find, would you know of anyone that we could speak to?

near cairns @Grayso , @Arafmi_Ltd , @Former-Member 

@Shaz51 if you don't mind me asking whereabouts in far north queensland? Reason I ask is that I can ask our team back at Arafmi if there is an opportunity to form a support group...

Am I breaking the rules here by asking @Former-Member Smiley Wink

@Former-Member @Shaz51 you beat me to it, I will get your details from @Former-Member if you're ok with that @Shaz51 and ask someone to give you a call.