Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Scoo
Senior Contributor

Re: GRATITUDE

E522B740-AAB0-4B92-9FAA-702105BECD6E.jpeg

@Shaz51 my experience of this is it backfired. 

I give out complements and encouragement frequently and never get them in return so I end up feeling like something has been stolen from me and I stupidly did it willingly, based on bad & lisleading advice. 

I volunteered at a Community House for 15 months and was terrorised by a sociopath, fellow volunteer the whole time. I had no one to support me with that. My pdoc said he was a sociopath & likely a dangerous criminal.

I received none of the benefits your ad shows - no sleep improvement, decreased energy and increased stress and depression.

Based on my experience, I learned that taking this kind of advice on is dangerous and self-destructive. I don't think it should be presented as absolute truth. More acurate wording would be, "for some people, some of the time, it may improve sleep."

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (20).jpg

Ant7
Senior Contributor

@Shaz51  Thanks for tagging me in this 

I am grateful for in no order 

: My Family 

: The ocean and surfing 

: The Bush and nature 

: As strange as it might seem my work 

: My home 

: The challenges I have faced and gotten through they have made me stronger and a better person 

: The forums they have helped me when I have needed it

Thanks ❤️

Hi @Shaz51 @TAB @MDT @Ant7 @Former-Member @Scoo @BryanaCamp   I am grateful today for having the forums to come home to after my holiday.  For support and companionship.

Also very grateful for time spent with close friends who accept me exactly as and for who I am.  So much trust, acceptance and mutual respect that I am able to have happy memories for a change (and make new ones)  and that includes remembering a lot more of my health training from years past.  Grateful for the knowledge received over many years and the feeling that it is still integrating in me and that I have something to offer to others.

Thanks for this thread @Shaz51  Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @eth , @Shaz51 , @Ant7 , @Former-Member , @BryanaCamp, and anyone else I missed and everyone else that stops by

I am grateful each and every day that I have my son and that I am still around to be there for him

utopia
Senior Contributor

I'm grateful the fire that started a week ago on the nearby hill has almost been fully extinguished. 

I'm grateful for the CFA & SES volunteers in our district. 

Well said @eth
Former-Member
Not applicable

This is great @Shaz51  as with our friend @utopia very grateful for our Emergency Service team on the frontline this summer. 

0-1.jpg

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

i started writing 5 Good Things ABout Today in my notes. Every day before I go to sleep i write down 5 things that went well and it forces me to think about positive thoughts and experiences. It also helps to ground yourself!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance