Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Oh well done @Queenie ..... you’re making some headway ❣️  Thanks so much for getting back to us with an update of what is happening for you .....

I hope the psychiatrist is a good fit with you, and together with respite time you start feeling a bit better within yourself.

Hugs Hon.  So good to see you .....🌷💕

• Hi @CheerBear  and all. I’ve  hit the reply button 3 times in the last 24 hours and backed out. I’m ok. Will likely be a grumpy bum for the next week with the heat wave here.....36 or above until Sunday with a couple of 40 degrees thrown in, 38 yesterday. Also with jca and psych appointment, PMS I think. I’m all over the place at the moment despite doing my best to hold it together with sleep and eating healthily. 

How is everyone? 

👋 @Teej. My face went 😮 when I saw the forecast on the weekend. Was thinking you would have it a bit hotter because that's the usual, and that sucks lots. All of those things above seem like a 😖 combination. Have you got anything on this week that might help the time go quicker/easier?

I'm feeling grumpy (that's the nice word) this afternoon too as I'm about to have a phone appointment with a worker I'm not vibing with, working in an organisation I'm not loving, doing something I don't want to do (a risk assessment) for a support worker I'm not sure I'm going to do well with. Also a fun combo 😑😏

Aside from that, I'm pretty OK thanks. I had a helpful appointment with my GP this morning and I have a crochet project and a kitten - good combo there 🙂

Hugs for your all over the placeness. Totally understandable though ❤

Oh @CheerBear That sounds like not much fun. I hope the support worker works out. If not I hope you can change quickly. Oh 🤬FFS with the risk assessment @CheerBear . Sometimes it’s all about ticking those crappy boxes without actually doing the things that would help during stressful times. 

I have lots of anger going on at the moment. I just hope I can find some balance after Friday. I have group on tomorrow, group and psych on Wednesday, therapist Thursday and jca Friday. Between Thursday and Tuesday I have 3 birthdays of my crew and I’m feeling very un-social 😖

Glad youve got kitten and crochet. Have you seen the video of the little boy crocheting? I think of you when I see it. Have you still got friend around? 

This is his story. @Faith-and-Hope , @CheerBear , @outlander and anyone interested. It very cool. 

https://youtu.be/23_4vwsFdGY

In Boyd Huppert's latest edition of Land of 10,000 Stories, Jonah Larson, who started crocheting at age 5, has thousands of social media followers from around the world. https://kare11.tv/2RTvXhl " Subscribe to KARE 11: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=kare11 " Watch more KARE

😔 that was horrible. I hate those checkboxes @Teej. I really do. I don't cope with the "have you ever had thoughts of ending your life" list of bang bang bang questions they fire off. It took only 10 minutes because I'm a banana head who either answers with yes, no or 'I dont want to answer'. I don't trust myself not to lose my lolly so sometimes it feels best to bite my tongue, but that feels like botting things up. And this is probably why I'm a volcano fire ball 😔

I'm so over this process and so over being stuffed around. The new worker hasn't made contact despite me being told she would so now it looks like I will have three hours with a random stranger I've never spoken to before in my home and no idea what we're supposed to be doing together. "Just let me know how it goes" was the response from my support coordinator. Not helpful 🙁

Ugh sorry. That went zero to 100. I know you get that though.

Your week doesn't sound very fun Teej 🙁 I dont think I'd feel sociable either and I know I'd have lots of anger too. Are therapist and psych playing nicely together (you may not want to answer that and that's OK)?

I haven't seen that video but it sounds like one I'd like. Friend is still around but he has lots of stuff going on too and struggles a bit with coping when that happens (I get that also). He's had a couple of moments of snapping at me so I'm kind of stepping back until his farm is calmed a bit more. Adding even more to the tricky is that me stepping back doesnt seem to go down so well with him either. It's so complicated.

@Teej that was the best (and most well timed 👍) pick-me-up. What an amazing kid! Goosebumps ❤

Thanks for sharing 🙂

🤔 I think they would have run a mile with my responses today if they asked me @CheerBear . 

🤔 stability and predictability are two of the main things in my life and I very much suspect yours. You’d think the ndis would recognise that 😖, but alas it’s a big system that seems unable to be able to provide that currently. From everything I’ve read it feels very much like bums on seats. 

Therapist and psych 'appear' to be on the same page. I found out psych got something really wrong. I have suspected that she doesn’t always decipher my mumbling through distress. There is some things that I want to talk to my psych regarding her thoughts. Therapist said she felt really positive about their communication. 

I’m glad you enjoyed it @CheerBear . 😊💜

@CheerBear  I totally get how you’d be feeling with the really complex. I’ve been going through thinking how I’d cope with sharing a house with someone as that is a huge stress front and centre atm. Will talk about it at some stage here. 

Going to go clean my toilet now....too much information 😜 and shower and drag my backside to the shop.  Have fun crocheting.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance