Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

@Appleblossomi think i understand... I'm all about connecting with people and good relationships... but the thing is-truth be known... every relatiobship has issues... every person has problems... and I'm afraid of these things.. because I'm either being the issues and the problems for someone or receiving the issues and problems from someone... No matter who it is-It's always the same scenario........

Hence isolation and addiction and mhi set it.... and I'm suffering for it......

People being the issues and problems seeem to escape the diagnosis and treatment regime... but yea alot it is perceived in my mind when I'm alone but is also based around all my interactions with people... i grit and bare it because i have to-i play the game.. but it does get to me... all they've done is say 'you're mi ' 

@Sophia1 i get your concern about everyone in your life having issues/problems... because I'm in the same boat... everybody in my life dealing with issues and problems...

I just try to seperate myself from it as much as possible. I try not to let it get to me.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Cept for now they have diagnosed SO MANY people with mental illness ..

you are just like most of us 1 in 5 ... thats good odds.

EVERYONE has issues, just not everyone is honest about it.

Cheers @eudemonism  @Sophia1 

Smiley Happy

I am getting a bit of fight back in me old age. Ha ha

Smiley Tongue

Hope you are both alright.  Cant ask for more ... huh?

Smiley Happy

Being on the depot constantly feels like I'm getting shat on @Appleblossom
It's literally one distraction to the next all day long from dawn till dusk
It's really quite horrible... it's literally like I've been robbed of my peace...

@eudemonism 

Focus on doing all the right things for you.  A life worth living.

I really believe you have the right to get yourself off it.  It might be difficult, as I was told once that once on those orders, it is hard to shift them.

The point is the legal order and changing your med regime to one in which you can up it or down it when you really need in CONSULTATION with a pdoc.  You will need a long term perspective to change the order within the system.  Acting out and discharging anger will probably not help.

There are disability advocates who might be able to advise.

There is the state Royal Commission. Your out in eastern Vic arent you?

A quick hello @eudemonism 

I do hope that you are surviving the heat...I loved it when I was younger...now I find it makes me feel nauseous and have headaches..

The depot scenario is definitely one that creates a never ending maze of issues ...thoughts...triggers...further symptoms..

I totally understand how wearying and defeating that would feel..

I think that @Appleblossom  suggestion is valid...

Although the health system needs fixing we have to work with it up to a certain degree...

We still have the human right to give feedback though...

A disability advocate might be invaluable for you as they would certainly listen to your concerns and help you address the issues to a medical person qualified to adjust ...change....the depot injection....follow through with how you are coping with withdrawal symptoms and perhaps some new symptoms with any change in medication...

You know all of this already and are probably sick of reading my words....

Perhaps this is also about you finding a place where you  feel comfortable at the moment to make one small change in your life....no matter how small...You are in charge of you in expressing what you need...

something for you to think about?

Apologies about my lack of responding....I really have reached a stage in my own health where I have to make small changes also..

Take care as always my dear friend Eude

Big hug ❤💚💛🐾

I've just worked out that all my interactions with the treating professional's of the mental health team have been stressing me out big time @Sophia1

@eudemonism 

Interacting with one medical professional is taxing and at times stressful let alone several...

This is the part where you remember to be kind to yourself...

Very hard to do ...

Coming from someone who has started to put this in place now...

Does help..

Take your time....

no need to overthink...

rest and the thought for small change might pop into your mind when you are in a more calming state of mind...this applies to all of us..

💜🙀

Yea I'm hearing you @Sophia1 my bad it all comes back to me... i think I'm annoyed because i tried working with them.. with realistic expectations in mind.. and i just get shut down by their professional opinon.. which condemns me to the problems which made me approach them in the first place.. which is living in this predicaments with depot side effects.. (which they are causing..) then they place everything back on myself to deal with.. very stressful..

@eudemonism

extremely 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance