Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

Wow thats amazing having castor oil plant in your garden, no good about the smell though @TAB. My friend used to grow comfrey in her garden when it was banned. I don't know if the castor oil plant is poisonous will have to look it up. I used to use it lots years ago. They say to get one that is hexane free or something. I just got a small pump pak as a little castor oil goes a long way! Am excited about making more thermal heat protectant. I did see a commercial variety sold at stores recently for a really steep price. Something like $30 for heat protectant! I was shocked I can make mine for pennies free of perfumes and whatever chemicals they toss in. I see female influencers on you tube who are mainly comfortable middle class and they have all the beauty products under the sun which they promote - makes you wonder where all their salary goes. Having a submajor in marketing i dont really like how they sell products to the general public though

@TAB hey tabby, washed dishes. Having coffee before do lots of paper work ha ha.

TAB
Senior Contributor

https://animalpoisons.com.au/news/castoroilplant

TAB_0-1723524736360.png

..bit bigger and healthier than mine @SmilingGecko 

TAB
Senior Contributor

i had another nap @Meowmy  it really is warm outside , hey.

feel like going to get a coke and something like icecream lol wont tho

The castor oil plant is also poisonous to humans. I don't get it though if castor oil is sold at chemists and used in a variety of applications @TAB. They must be able to remove the ricin so its non toxic. I have a book on castor oil written by a country doctor and he used it in his practice. Anyway best to stay clear of that plant, it doesn't seem like a good idea having it in your backyard. Don't know what you do? Call the council? I know our council used to have a book on banned weeds that my naturopathic friend used to make tinctures out of when she was alive

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 3.34.07 pm.png

@TAB hey tabby, done the list for today. Think will do some cooking.. Think will do vegetables bone soup ha ha

TAB
Senior Contributor

are you cooking with your funny bone ? @Meowmy 

just made mash here w ricer, for all the trouble better the normal way think ha ha

TAB
Senior Contributor

i was just trying to be 'right' @SmilingGecko  re poison, yes we had in medicine cupboard as kid, used to give it to cats if constipated not sure what use on humans, prob same

I got to make some bone broth myself @Meowmy got stacks of bones in my chest freezer that need to be used up. Hope yours turns out ok. I put mine in a slow cooker for 48 hours with apple cider vinegar to extract all the lovely bone goodness. I use organic bones as concentrated animal farming practice leaves things in the standard bones that aren't good for you. If this is the case its not best slow cooking these for any extended length of time. I read that from a doctor and think @TAB said the same thing as he would know something about farming methods. 

@TAB hey tabby, just making bone vegetable soup from pork ribs and vegetables. Will be nice ha ha

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance