Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I feel ReaLly sick

Thankyou 💖 @thecolourblue

Any time @Serenity1! You seem like a great human being, from what I've seen on here Heart

So glad you feel less alone here @Serenity1. The forum is awesome for that 🙂

My two older ones are the ones that have moved schools. The first time was because we found a school better suited to their needs. They transitioned really well and were very settled quickly. Two moves then happened when we fled family violence and went into refuge. They had to attend a school while we were there then move again when we moved into our home. Those moves were very hard for them. I think a lot of that hard was because of the way it all happened though as they were at school one day then gone the next - no goodbyes etc. They couldn't make friends at the temporary school as we were kept very hidden and they knew they couldn't stay there. They also had lots of loss that came with what happened too - friends, community, family, our home etc. and it was a scary time in general.

Through all of that though, a major factor in us getting back on our feet has been the school they are at now. I worked closely with the teachers, support staff and principal through it all and they were so kind, nurturing, supportive and caring. Both quickly settled in and both are going pretty well. One of mine has some issues that are appearing to become serious-ish, though we aren't sure how serious yet. They love the school though and are very happy there. I think their issues aren't about moving schools but more about the general trauma they went through. The other has been flying since we moved. They became school captain after only a year at the school and have moved on to high school after securing a place in a program for high achieving students. I don't think they would have had those opportunities had we not moved.

When I think about all the things my kids have been through, I know how important it has been to have been part of a school community that is safe and nurturing. It has made a huge difference to us. A school that understands your child, cares and supports you and your family can make a world of difference and I think it's especially important for kids who have had difficult experiences, like my kids and like it sounds your daughter has had too. I believe that kids can be super resilient and can thrive no matter what is going on, if they have love, care, safety and support.

I really hope this new school is a place where you and your little one can be supported. I'll look forward to hearing how you both go if you share ❤

So glad you feel less alone here @Serenity1 , I found it great here when i joined 4 years ago

my 4 step children are  all adults now , but keeping in touch is the key xx

Hello and hugs @CheerBear , @Ali11 , @outlander 

That sounds really intense- sorry you had to go through all of that & happy you made it safely to the other side-& found a great supportive caring environment for your kids.
I tried working closely with the teacher/ principal & chaplain at my daughters school & Just got placated & brushed aside.
My emails went unresponded to- with really serious concerns- every time they got ignored -that triggered my abandonedment issues causing me to write more emails to try & explain myself get understanding & some compassion- creating a cycle which wasn't working.
The teacher refused to have meetings with me-
I got told there was no problem- nothing was wrong- that my daughter was making it up- & when I insisted there was a problem- got told it was me I was the problem. & I thenbfelt very unsafe- with the Principal going behind my back to speak to my doctor- ( I believe)-changing her mind about me from very extremely supportive to threatening to call DCP all because my child was being treated differently from the rest of the class in hugely a negative way & I tried to stick up for her to make her classroom a safe environment.
I am really extremely traumatised by the whole experience.
I honestly think it's me- that the whole experience is as a result of me- I know IV acted with dignity & respect in every instance at school- but the teachers just seemed to take an instant dislike to me & put my daughter through hell & made her suffer every day leading her to have huge self doubt. I don't know why this happened- this kind of thing seems to happen a lot.
I feel IV let my daughter down & I'm exhausted after 3 years of fighting for what should have just been given to her like every other child there.
Thanks for sharing your experiences- I really appreciate it 💖🌺 sorry for rambling- thanks so much for your support xxx

Thanks @Shaz51 it's a great place 💖🌺
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance