Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Strange physical symptoms - internal burning sensation

Hi @Jaz5 ,

Thanks for your response. So you have the same sort of physical symptoms, like an internal burning sensation, especially in the head, but i get it in the neck, shoulders, face and arms too. I get other strange head sensations which like u said, are very difficult to describe. I get like a lifting sensation from the top of my head, as well as the feeling that my head is rly busy, not just talking about thoughts, but actual inside my head feels physically busy. So weird! None of the health professionals have really been able to tell me that this is part of anxiety disorder. I have looked on plenty of websites for symptoms of anxiety disorder and these types of symptoms are never included. Hence i, like you, have great difficulty believing that this is all anxiety symptoms, especially when the medicos just kind of go blank and brush over it whenever i bring it up. I have these symptoms 24/7, they dont come and go, but that may be because my anxiety is not at all controlled at present and all the normal anxiety symptoms are 24/7 also.

Im sorry you are going through a difficult time also. This is all pretty new to me and im still very much feeling my way around and trying to come to terms with it all. I hope you are able to come through this difficult patch quickly.

Do you mind me asking if you are on meds for anxiety? If so, what your experience was when you first went down that track, finding the right meds etc.

Thanks so much again for your reply. And thanks @outlander  for tagging @Jaz5  in.

Hi @Meowmy ,

Thank you for your response.

How long did u have the severe anxiety for? What sort of head symptoms did u have? How did you go about facing your deep emotional.pain and fears head on? I have a lot of fears that arose from 2 particularly traumatic experiences in my younger life. I know i need to face these fears, but i dont know how i possibly can. Did you work with someone to do all this? 

Have you had to go on meds for anxiety? If so, how was that process for you - finding the right one/s?

I hope you dont mind me asking all these questions. I hope their not too invasive, feel free not to answer if they are.

Thanks again, and thanks @outlander  for tagging @Meowmy in.

@Meowmy i get it all in my head and neck mainly in the neck. From what I’ve researched it’s quite normal. Even some doctors I have talked to about my symptoms look confused then went to another doctor and they say it’s completely normal 

mine is happening everyday lately 

i do find exercising helps 

I play league tag and I find when I go to training and run around I feel fine and get a great night sleep. I’m going to try and write all my symptoms down and see how I go 

good luck with everything and hope you find peace soon 

@Doglover @Jaz5 @outlander @MDT @eudemonism @Shaz51 @CheerBear 

I had severe anxiety for some years, more intense for last ten,thirteen years. It comes out of nowhere, with no warnings, could be sitting, could be out for a walk, could be in the car, could be at work. It comes intense anxiety, head wooly, can’t think, can’t do anything, can’t make decisions, just pacing around agitated, mood drops to very low, feel no hope, no way out, frightened. It lasted hours. I used to just walk it out. If very late, I took one sleeping tablet. Then had severe rise in blood pressure, stomach aching, nausea and vomiting .

I took some vitamins, herbal calming stuff.

Then I practiced meditation.

I try to keep myself, thoughts occupied.

Then I tried to face my deep emotional pains. Worked at psychological logic thinking for a few weeks. Then face, sit with pains rather than brush them off, or do something else.

Extremely difficult , painful, helpless for three, four days.

Thanks for forum friends to get through.

Reflected on past emotional pains and think what to do when negative feelings come back up.

Now no anxiety three weeks.

@Meowmy  I am not on any medication I was around 4 years ago it did help me sleep but made me very hungry all the time so I did put on weight I can even remember what it was called sorry but I would prefer not to take any medication and try anything possible before hand

good afternoon and hugs @Meowmy , @Doglover , @Jaz5 , @outlander 

@Doglover, has the gp tested your soduim levels at all

remember you do need a little bit of soduim in your body but not too much

I have to cut down on salt because of my kidney disease

how is everyone today

Hello @Doglover 

I have had similar physical sensations that you describe and suspect they are to do with the flush of a range of hormones and also some sound like stress.  That you have had the iron infusions may make you super sensitive, but I believe you have a right to be heard about side effects.

Maybe you need to stay where you are atm, but when things settle a bit, search for more sympathetic doctors.  They may be hard to find, but persist as that is the system we have, and its best to try and make it work ...

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51  I had a reasonable day so far. Hope to get by day to day.

@Meowmy Thanks @Jaz5 for your response, its nice to know im not alone with these strange and very unpleasant symptoms.

I wrote all my symptoms down, along with the history of 'episodes', in prep for my first appt with psychiatrist a week and a half ago and after i read it all out to him, he reckoned he now had anxiety listening to all that! Didnt quite know how to take that! He was a bit strange though. Hoping the different psych i see tomorrow will be better.

I exercise the best i can, knowing how important it is, in general but especially for those with MI. I have severe fibromyalgia and a lot of other pain from multiple car accidents so unable to run or play sports or anything, but walk and ride my bike on a regular basis, but not for long stints. Im sure vigorous physical exercise would be better but not possible for me unfortunately, i do what i can though!

Thanks again for your support. Just knowing im not alone in what i am experiencing is a big help. And already being able to share on this forum has helped me to be able to burden my husband less which is a good thing!

Thanks again!

@Meowmy @Jaz5 @outlander @Shaz51 @Appleblossom 

I experience exactly what you described with the anxiety, which for me is constant at the moment, hopefully that will change soon.

Extremely courageous of you to face all that on your own. I know the time will come for me to face my fears, but i think i need to get the anxiety under control first. I totally get what you said about wanting to do it without meds. To be honest, being on medications for mental illness, indeed having mental illness, has been one of the greatest fears of my life, having cared for and been the primary responsible person for a close family member with severe MI from the age of about 17 until early 40's.. My absolute worst fear! And now hear i am. The thought of being on meds absolutely petrifies me, but i know my situation is severe enough at this point that i dont believe i have a choice. Maybe one day in the future, after having done some work on myself, i may be able to live without them but at the moment, my situation is beyond that. So i guess by default, i am facing my fears! At least 2 of them anyway. Having to accept that i have a MI, and having to accept that i need to be on medication! I just hope we can find the right one/s that will enable me to return to some sort of normality!

Glad you are doing so well and free from anxiety for the last 3 weeks - that must be bliss!!! 

Stay well, and thanks again!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance