Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: it feels like im losing my mind

not really. i can only distract myself until someone else fronts really.

@Former-Member I do not have much experience of people with this kind of experience of different identities and voices, but I have felt like I was out of control and crazy. What do you do to distract yourself?

ill just watch random youtube videos or netflix shows

@Former-Member do you live alone? I'm into creative things.

no

@Former-Member I think you said you call phone crisis lines. How do they help you?

they dont answer. i cant call, only chat and they're too busy

@Former-Member yes, just wondering what you chat about on those phone lines, so that I can try to help you as best I can.

@Former-Member to deal with high anxiety, I sometimes get relief from focusing on breathing. Slowing it down with deeper breaths. Getting in touch with the body can help ground me.

I have bipolar and although I don't hear voices, I have had periods of psychotic episodes, and these have been very distressing. Mental health issues are hard. It takes time to find people who understand, and I think you've done a good thing reaching out here. These people do understand. Sending love, hugs and encouragement to you, roses 🌹 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance