Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: LADIES AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS PLEASE OVER 18- NEED ABIT OF ADVICE

thats quite alright @Gumtree

and any input is fine-  i appreciate any advice or chats etc 🙂

hi everyone so  i recently discovered a lump and had that checked today and the results were

They think its a leaking vein. The plan is to watch it for 2 weeks to notice any changes then do more tests.
They gave me a cream for my acne as its extremely bad and wont clear up no matter what i do
Due to my pasts they want to do tests and pap smear oh gee great!
They also want bloods done too
And my constant headaches could be from my new meds so we just reducing it and seeing what happens

I disclosed about my SA as well and that it was penetrative so thats why they wants tests done but also said being nearly 21 i could start having them then just as routine anyway unless finding something

@Queenie@Gumtree @Spookytookims@Former-Member @CheerBear 

also guys its been highly advised to get tests and pap smears done and im super nervous

is there anyone that can think of anything i should be aware of? how to prepare? any questions i should ask as im coming up blank? anyone comfortable enough to share any experiences esp the funny ones?

I am female and have had 2-yearly pap tests since I can remember. It's not comfortable but shouldn't be painful. I did have a abnormal test once and had more tests after that. It wasn't too bad, and I guess that's the worst that can happen is more tests. I asked questions like when do I get the results. You can ask for a female doctor if that helps. I wish you well and hope these words help even a little

This is getting a bit technical, but the tool they use is called a speculum.

Apparently the steel ones are more comfortable than the plastic ones. 

The plastic are disposable, which might appeal to some.

i know @Appleblossom thats what im scared of. i dont want it at allit reminds me of my SA

I think it is ok to mention your fear to the person doing it.  Before my first I built it up in my head how horrible it would be.  I actually had dysplasia so was glad that I did do the regular pap smears. 

I just talked myself into its just one of those things thats gotta be done.

They are not that bad and only take a couple of minutes.  There is usually a respectful friendly but professional attitude.  Honestly dont worry too much. 

hi @Former-Member thank you for replying

@Appleblossom@Former-Member do you get asked a heap of questions before they start? and like what?

Hi @Former-Member
Hugs.
I've always remembered that it's recommended to have Pap smears every two years. It's not painful just uncomfortable but only for a few minutes. Speak to your gp and let them know your fears. If you cant tell them write it down and give to them would help. Also reg acne. My daughter was put on low dose of antibiotics for three months. That cleared it up.
Hope this helps my friend. Xxxooo

hi @BlueBayHeartHeart

hugs back to you my little rainbow fish

ive spoken to my gp but ive still got heaps of questions.... do you think they would mind if i had a separate appointment to ask all the questions i have?

ive seen my gp regarding my lump which is still getting worse but at the same time she gave me an acne cream thats an antibiotic type thing as well but might take a month to actually see some good results

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance