Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: LADIES AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS PLEASE OVER 18- NEED ABIT OF ADVICE

Taken the first step. Organised an appontment to see the nurse to get a few things clarrified on the 1st of may !!

@Former-Member

For memory the recommendations with Pap smears is to start having them when you're 18 OR become sexually active (whichever comes first), and have them every 2 years after that.

I had the same problem with them; wasn't comfortable with my GP, but also struggled with it triggering childhood sexual abuse. I'd recommend trying to find a gynacologist that you're comfortable with. This may mean finding someone of the opposite gender to your abuser, different age/race/distinguishing features etc.
It's also worth checking out a potential gyno online first, checking reviews, even send them an email explaining possible difficulties/questions you have with them. There are some really good gynos out there that have experience dealing with sexual abuse survivors (because a lot of us have guns issues that resulted from the abuse). A good gyno will be patient, sensitive, and understanding.

For me it still was really difficult, but ultimately worth it (and hey, seeing all the things they found wrong, probably saved my life). You might struggle going every 2 years, but remember: ven an irregular checkup is better than no check up.

Good luck!

As for skincare, I can recommend using Essential Oils. It protects your skin from damage and are great for dry skin as it can soften it in no time. 

I think you can find useful information in this article https://womanlylive.com/the-secrets-behind-kpop-group-blackpinks-stunning-makeup-looks/, I read some of those sometimes, I even found a great morning skin routine that works for me. I hope it'll help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance