Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Morning everyone. Wondering if anyone is up yet?

I've had a very wonky night (lack of) sleep. I tossed and turned for ages trying to get to sleep then woke way too many times, tossing and turning some more until I called it quits on trying to sleep and got myself up. I'm now having a cuppa listening to my neighbours losing their lolly - lots of yelling and banging things around 😏 Not so peaceful start to the day for me.

My annoying anxiety head is running over things I have coming up this week including meeting a new support worker. @eth I have finally been allocated a SW through the NDIS. They are not the kind of support worker I'd like but they are all I'm funded for (at the moment at least) in terms of support workers and I'm hoping having them is better than nothing. We have three hours allocated for a day this week. I'm wondering what might be involved in a first meeting and what you even do with three hours with a worker?! Lots of changes with the NDIS, many that I'm not loving.

That's me. I might ditch the outside sky watching while my neighbours are up and about like this and crochet inside for a while instead.

Hope the day starts well for everyone. As always, thinking of you too @Mazarita, hoping you're enjoying your days (and nights!) ❤

Hi @CheerBear  very much hoping  your day has improved by now.  It must be very triggering hearing that sort of noise from you neighbours.  I used to get very hypervigilant at times like that.   Sorry to hear you had a bad night already before that.  You have big changes coming this week with the start of the support worker which might have been underlying your disturbed sleep.  I'm always anxious before starting with anyone new. 

I suggest looking over your goals (as listed in your NDIS plan) beforehand and trying to think of activities that align with them, and then doing the same with the sw when they come.  Helping you work out the steps to a goal is part of their job.  My first sessions with new people were usually mostly a meet and greet and telling them about myself, my challenges and what I need help with.   I have a more detailed list of 7 goals that I had prepared for my planning meeting (NDIS consolidated them into only 2 short term and 1 long term) which I usually photocopy for them too.  The sw will probably have questions for you too.  I had to keep telling myself to remember that it was a good thing that was about to happen, something I had fought for and wanted, despite it being scary.

Here to support you if you want to talk about it more and get clearer about it.  

Good morning also to @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Adge  @Exoplanet  @Zoe7 @greenpea @outlander @Faith-and-Hope  and of course you too @Mazarita .  

Maz I trust that you're enjoying the challenges of your new position and focus but just want you to know I'm thinking of you.  Sending warm wishes.

Great news about your mum's progress @Shaz51 .

Hi @eth A very quiet morning for me here. Got some washing on and started the washing up but taking it very slowly. Nothing much planned today apart from housework and a little planning for school. How is your day looking?

A day at home for me @Zoe7 .  Will help with some housework in the big house, move some more piles of mulch (should be the last of that job thank goodness), do my bridge homework and have a game later with sil's mum.  Should go get into the housework shortly.

That is super nice of you to help with the housework in the big house @eth I have a lot of housework I need to do today - but not going to push it too far if I start getting tired again. Some of it can wait but getting the washing, washing up and vacuuming done will be my priorities. Need also to wash the floor but that can definitely wait - Toby and Cat will no doubt drag in more grass and dirt throughout the week - it is a constant battle keeping the floors clean with two fur babies lol

It will be nice to have the mulch moved finally. I have a lot of weeding to do in the garden but that will definitely need to wait - too much inside to get done first at the moment.

Have fun playing bridge with your sil's mum after doing your homework first. Hope you have a lovely day with all that you have planned Smiley Very Happy

Good morning to @eth @Mazarita @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Adge @outlander  and everyone. Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday. I have been out in the front couryard cleaning up after the pruning and feel very satisfied with the result :). Now for the backyard .....xxx

Good morning @greenpea You have already achieved a lot for the morning then. I was up super early today and have already done one load of washing, have a second one on and have washed up and cleaned the microwave. Next is putting some clothes away and maybe doing some ironing so I have more clothes sorted for the week ahead at work.

Going to colour and cut my hair later if I have enough energy left but it is more likely that I will have a nap lol

Good morning @eth @CheerBear @Zoe7 @greenpea & everyone.

I just had my hair cut, yesterday afternoon - no.4 with the clippers.

So I'm all shawn & dapper now...

Adge

I'm sure you look super smart @Adge 😁 What are your plans for today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance