Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Just do what you need to do and if you have to stay longer then that will be good money wise @TAB 

If only I thought like that @Zoe7 but yes. Thanks

indeed @Zoe7
I got demoralised and stopped. But I've completed the main part of it. I'm still unsure if i actually need to make it as complex and detailed as it is but then i just asked a friend who works in govt. I'm unsure if i need to write it all out OR do dot points. Either seems okay to me, but then there always seems to be a better counterargument... AHHH lol

Leaving it for now. I've moved my pdoc appointment to monday so that ican do a charity session on next thursday. Finally get some money - even if it isn't much, and that it won't come in for a while. Gives me something to do.

In total I've only applied for 3 or 4 things in the past two days. But at least I know have a basic Govt level resume to utilise and adjust accordingly when I need to apply for government level stuff.

3 a day is hard when they are so copious.

I have my psych on wednesday and will get eh results of the careeer inventory which will be useful i think as well.

Anyway. Another week gone. Thanks all for your continued supporting

@BryanaCamp @TAB @Zoe7 @outlander @Sam3 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @utopia @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Bill16 @Ant7 @Adge @greenpea @frog @Sans911 @Snowie and whoever else I have missed out on

@BlueBay how are you keeping up my friend?

@TAB how did you go with it today?

To you all, thanks again for your help and support. Things are feeling like they are getting back on track in a good way, not in a rushed and desperate way. Although the past couple of weeks have almost got too boring I have been doing my best living within my means and also taking a minimalist approach. Making do on little. It's rejuvenating and refreshing to be honest.

It is so good seeing you in a better place again @MDT I think the pressure of going away and not having anything sorted was a real strain on you so it is lovely to hear you are doing better than you were. Having those resumes on hand to be able to tweak according to the job you are applying to will make it easier for further applications too. You continue to put your heart and soul into the job search and that is admirable buddy - I really hope something comes up for you soon Smiley Very Happy

Lol. Me too @Zoe7
In good time I hope

The main thing on my mind atthe moment is if I am doing enough. But I guess doing something is better than nothing in the end. Second guessing myself won't help @Zoe7
Come what may. How was teaching today?

You are putting way too much pressure on yourself @MDT You are doing everything you can. It is hard to have patience when you are stressing about things but that is exactly what you need. It is not easy to find a job but continue doing what you are and remember to take breaks as well - balance is important to not get into that spiralling headspace again.

Stuck here @MDT roads blocked due to bushfires

Shit @TAB
Are you safe?
Trapped how?

Hey @MDT  not great. I’ll tag you in my post. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance