Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Love your bright bold squares @CheerBear 

@outlander 

here is a picture of my very first square still in progress 😊 it took a few minutes to get the hang of it snd now I’m loving it. 1B7A6909-2F13-42D5-AF98-FAAF044367AC.jpeg

Yay @BlueBay! You did it!! That yarn looks so nice - like a flecked kind of yellow not a solid yellow?

Go you! 👍

I started joining my squares together @outlander (and @BlueBay if you're interested) 🙂 The brown isn't quite the shade I was hoping to go with but it will do 

24-1542.jpg

Hi @CheerBear @outlander 

I ended up putting purple after the yellow. That’s one square done. Stsrted another this morning in pink and will use black after that. 

I’m enjoying it and it doesn’t take long to do. The thing I love about crochet is that if you make a mistake you simply undo and start sgain. Different to knitting. 

I need to buy some more coloured wool. The one I bought was only $3 a ball. Not too expensive. 

@CheerBear  Have to wait fir your picture to come up to see. Can’t wait 😊 

So good to hear you're enjoying your crocheting @BlueBay! Your colour combos sound great! I love that you can undo anything you make a mistake on and fix it fairly easily too.

Some yarn can be expensive but you can also pick up decent amounts at pretty reasonable prices from places like Big W (Kmart are selling yarn now too) and $2 shops. Spotlight has a couple of well priced yarns too.

Would love to see pics if youd like to and can share as you go.

Hope you enjoy some crafty down time if you get some more in today. I'm about to calm myself (or try to) with some more of my blanket project

😊

I love it @CheerBear  

can I ask you? Do the squares have to be the same size? 

Are your squares different? 

Thanks @BlueBay 🙂 I'm happy with the way it is coming along.

The squares don't have to be the same size but it might make it trickier to put them together if they're different sizes. I'm using a grid that someone cleverer (thats a good word!) than me made to get my different sizes to fit together. If you keep them the same amount of rounds (times you go around the square) it might be easier to put together at the end.

Do you use Pinterest? There are sooooo many lovely granny square blanket ideas and tips on there. When I'm not up to actually crocheting (or I don't have my hooks and yarn) I'll often play on Pinterest looking at and saving designs. It's another good distraction I find 🙂

well done @BlueBay it looks great
your others are sounding like nice colours too

@CheerBear looks really great even though the browns not quite qhat you were after. the shading i think goes well with the brighter colours youve chosen. makes them stand out a little bit more too...

Hi @CheerBear @outlander 

I tried to put photo up but keeps telling me it’s too big. I don’t kniw how to reduce size of photo. Any tips. 

Finished second square. Onto my third!! Yay this is fun and relaxing xxx

Thanks @outlander 🙂 It's bigger than I thought it might be which is good. A nice size I think. Any update on yours?

@BlueBay so good to hear you enjoying it! To get around the problem with picture size being too big, I take a screenshot of my photo which will reduces the size and I upload that instead. Looking forward to seeing what you've created 😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance