Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to be happy, isn’t working

Hello @Former-Member @Peri,

Sherry...Your last sentence is all wrong, because you too are a great person and help so many people so sweetheart please do not think any differently, You are not well and dealing with so much, so sometimes wrong words are used...especially when we are so down...Please don’t be hard on yourself dear friend💜..believe in yourself..be gentle and kind with you...February is heading towards the end, keep strong and if you need to talk please do, do not cocoon yourself if you need to talk..we are your friends and care very much for you...you are loved and care for here dear Sherry...

Peri...Hello honey, I hope your feeling okay, please when you feel it up it can you let us know..please..we are all here for you... please don’t cocoon yourself either we are all your friends here and only want to try to help you the best we can...you matter to all of us very much...and are also loved and cared for here by me, Sherry and the rest...

Sending some love and carevto both of you...and everyone else..

Starta..

Hi dear @Peri 

I am just dropping by to see how you are doing. 

I'm glad you were not hurt by things I said here.  None the less, please forgive me for my lack of sensitivity.  

Yes, I had a break, but not because of you. There have been a number of things building up within me, and being upset that I had hurt you, was just another thing adding to my need to retreat for a while.

I value your friendship too, and I'm very sorry that my stupidity has jeopardised that.  I do have something to apologise for, and I offer it again, in the hope you will give me another chance.

I hope your day is being kind to you.  Perhaps you are spending some time with your little grand daughter?

Hello @Starta  - I intend to get to your thread and respond there soon as well.  Just slowly catching up with everyone after having a few days away from the forums.

Sherry 🌺🤗💕🌼  

Dear @Former-Member 

I am so glad to hear from you, you don’t need another chance, as you have done nothing that would put me off our friendship in the first place and friends should be honest with one another.

i would be more upset if you felt you had to censor what you say.

i have been highly anxious this last week or so, I don’t know why in particular. 

My granddaughter has been here all weekend and she is a joy to have around.  

I am trying to distract myself by reading a new book, “Milkman”. It won the Man Booker prize.  But I am struggling with it a bit.

i hope you are not too distressed at the moment and getting through this month.

take care dear friend 

peri

Good morning to you @Peri  and thank you for your very generous response on Sunday.  😊

You mentioned that you had felt highly anxious all last week.  Do you think this could be related to your decision to start looking for some part time work?  Just a thought.  How long has it been now since you were last working? I know you have been working on your CV, and I hope that is progressing well.  I expect by now you are ready to start handing out that CV at likely employment prospects.

I'm really happy that your granddaughter brings you such joy.  Little girls really are a delight.  I still miss very much my little niece, who was only 11 when she died in a car accident.  When she was born and for the first 5 years of her life, we lived only 15mins drive from her and her family, and we saw each other a lot.  Unfortunately we moved after that and so I did not see her or her brothers very much after that, because we are now 7 hours drive away.  I love my 2 nephews, but a niece is different.  She used to love looking at some of my jewellery, and I had a number of pieces picked out for her.  Some nice necklaces and bracelets which she particularly liked.  Now I dont know what I will do with all my 'stuff'.  My 2 granddaughters are both 6 years old, but I just dont see them that much .. again the tyranny of distance.  So I am so glad you are able to spend this time with your grand daughter.

I know what you mean about being able to concentrate on reading, when anxiety is high.  I used to read a lot, a prodigious reader you would probably have called me.  In the past 3 years however, I have read just one book.  And that one book took me over 2 years.  Even though I had gotten into the story, I just could not concentrate long enough to follow it. I found myself constantly having to reread chapters of it, because I discovered that I simply was not taking anything in.  There was just too much going on in my head to absorb anything else.  So it was a slow process ... and I was happy when I finally managed to complete that book back in October last year.  I finally finished it during a visit to my Mum and Dads via train, when my Dad was in hospital after his stroke.  My bedside table just seems so bare now, after seeing that damned book there day in day out for nearly 3 years. 

The book "Milkman" sounds like a compelling and interesting read, it is also I think fairly heavy reading. Perhaps you could try a book of short stories of something very light for the time being?  Have you got anything else you like to try to do for the purpose of distraction?  Is there somewhere nice to walk around your place?  The extreme heat of summer must be starting to fade by now.  Certainly it has here.  Nights cooler and days pleasantly warm over the past week. By the calendar, summer is almost over.  Although I know there is likely to be plenty of hot days still to come before we are safely into consistent autumn weather.  I am hoping that I will feel more like taking an occasional walk soon.  I know little Holly would very much enjoy that.  I feel I have been neglecting her a lot lately.

Thank you dear Peri, yes I am getting through February, one day at a time.  Only a couple more days to go.  Its been hard this year.  Too much has been happening this part year I guess, and its had the effect of leaving me with less resilience than I usually have. Then those few triggering incidents in the lead up to February and it left me vulnerable, weak, afraid. But I'll get there. Sometimes it surprises me, but I always do get through.

Please Peri, you take care too my friend.  And I do consider you a friend, very much so.  Thank you for your patience.

Sherry 💕🌼🐶

Hi @Former-Member @Starta @Shaz51 

I am having a really bad week.  I feel extremely sad and low.  I don’t know what to do anymore to find joy.  My son and I had a major row yesterday and he really lost his temper.  It affects me very much . I want to shake these feelings but struggle so hard. I just want to feel peace. I feel very lonely

peri

Oh @Peri  I am so sorry to hear that your week has been so bad. Really quick for now, as I wanted to acknowledge your post and say I feel for you. I will try to get back to you over the weekend, but in the meantime .. I am thinking of you with concern and affection. Is your granddaughter staying with her Dad again this weekend? Perhaps that will bring you some joy.

Sherry 💕🐶🌸

Hello dear @Peri 

And waves to @Starta @Shaz51 @BryanaCamp @Caerulean @Faith-and-Hope 

Peri - I know from your posts on other threads here that you have been in a very dark place these past couple of weeks.  Please know that you can come here and talk if you feel that talking about it may help you to lighten the load a little.  There is always someone here to talk, listen, offer tips and encouragement, or just be here for you.  I know you tend to be a very private person, but remember that this site is anonymous and is a safe place to talk.  You can speak in general terms and do not have to give too much away if you choose.  It does worry me that you do not have adequate support around you.

I remember from previous discussions with you that you are reluctant to use any ADs to help you through a bad patch.  And also that you do not have any time for psychologists.  Perhaps thats because you have not found the right one for you yet, do you think?  As you have received a relatively recent diagnosis of PTSD, its highly likely that you would benefit from having some form of psych therapy.  Do you think it may be time to seek that type of support?  You seem to have been struggling for some time now, with little to no improvement.  Beside that, you have also gone through a number of major life changes, including moving house, loss of your Mum, etc.  And you continue to support your adult son, who sounds 'difficult'.

How are you going with your job applications?  Last we spoke you were working on your resume and thinking of applying for some part time work.  I wish you every success with that, as something to get you out of the house and interacting with other people again, may be of enormous help to your mental wellbeing.

How is the weather going over in WA?  We have had some hot days here the past 2, but rain overnight and this morning will bring a cooler change through.  At last we are going to get some autumn weather!  In fact the rain just started again here and I am listening to the rain on our tin roof ... love it.  Very dull and overcast too.  A lovely day to snuggle up on the lounge with Holly and maybe watch some footy on the tele this afternoon.  Do you follow any sport Peri?  I'm sorry, I cannot recall.  How are your fur babies?

Here any time you would benefit from having someone listen or just to chat about nothing.

Much love to you.

Sherry 🤗🌺💜

Here and listening for you too @Peri , if you want ..... 🌷

hi @Peri how are you going? 

Hello @Peri 

Its ages since I've heard from you, and am a little concerned.  Are you okay?  I know last time we did hear from you, things werent all that good.  Really hoping that things have improved since then.  Please dont feel obliged to respond.  I really just wanted you to know that I continue to think of you and really hope you're okay.  Would love to hear from you again when you're feeling up to it.

Hi also to @Starta @BryanaCamp @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Zoe7 

Kindest thoughts to you ...

Sherry 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance